Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
he velvety dark chocolate shell encases a creamy, dreamy peanut butter filling, creating a match made in dessert heaven. Whether you savor them as an indulgent treat or share them with loved ones, these homemade cups will satisfy your sweet cravings and leave you wanting more.
for 24 cups
- 12 oz dark chocolate (340 g)
- 7 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter (240 g), or nut butter of choice
- ¼ cup honey (85 g)
- hemp heart, for garnish, optional
- muffin tin
- Calories 192
- Fat 15g
- Carbs 13g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the dark chocolate and 5 tablespoons of coconut oil. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. Add the vanilla and stir until combined. The mixture should be smooth and pourable.
- Pour ½ of the chocolate mixture into the molds, enough to cover the bottom of the mold and come about ⅓ of the way up the sides. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- In another microwave safe bowl, mix together the peanut butter, honey, and remaining 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth and pourable.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture evenly over the chocolate layers in the molds. Make sure to leave enough room for the second layer of chocolate. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Pour the remaining chocolate on top of the peanut butter layer, up to the rims of the molds. Wipe off any excess that spills over the edges. If desired, sprinkle the cups with hemp hearts for added crunch. Freeze for 1 hour, until set, then pop out of the molds.
- The cups will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.