83% would make again
Dark Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread
featured in 11 Banana Bread Recipes You Must Try
for 4 servings
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup greek yogurt (140 g)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup (115 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (125 g)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup dark chocolate (45 g), chunks
- Calories 407
- Fat 8g
- Carbs 76g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 34g
- Protein 13g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 325˚F (170˚C).
- Mash bananas in a large bowl. Add eggs and combine thoroughly. Then mix in the remaining wet ingredients: greek yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Next, add the whole wheat flour and baking powder and mix until fully incorporated. Be careful not to over mix.
- In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, microwave the chocolate chunks in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Add a large scoop of the banana batter to the bowl of melted chocolate and fold until mixed well.
- Pour the banana batter and the chocolate batter alternately into a greased 9x5-inch (23x13 cm) bread pan. These do not need to be even layers.
- Using a knife or a spoon, gently swirl the batters together.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the bread.
- Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.