Easy, Maple Roasted Carrots With Olives + Almonds + Mint
Add a touch of sweetness to your roasted carrots with this easy maple roasted carrots recipe. Topped with olives, almonds, and mint, this dish is perfect as a side or a light lunch option.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 2 servings
- 1 lb carrot (450 g), rainbow or regular- wash, dried, and peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided + 1 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, drizzled
- ¼ cup Castelvetrano olives (45 g), chopped, or crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons almond, sliced, toasted
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped, or torn
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
For the Balsamic Glaze:
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar (120 mL)
- Calories 356
- Fat 17g
- Carbs 45g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 28g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- To make the glaze: Cook the balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat for 10 – 15 minutes or until reduced by half and slightly thick.
- For the carrots: Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash, dry and peel carrots(if not using rainbow carrots). Cut carrots in half lengthwise so that the carrots are about ½ inch thick across. If using larger carrots, you may need to cut carrots in half again (to make quarters). Toss them in olive oil, salt and pepper and arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle carrots with maple syrup and cook in the oven. After 10 minutes, flip carrots and cook for another 5 minutes or until a deep golden brown.
- For the topping: In a small oven-proof dish, bake almonds in the oven alongside the carrots for 5-10 minutes. Checking every 3 minutes until golden brown. Once light brown, remove from the oven and set aside.
- Pit and chop olives, place in a small bowl. Stir in lemon zest and olive oil. Set aside.
- Chop mint and set aside.
- To assemble: Arrange carrots on a serving dish, top with chopped olives, almonds, mint and finish with a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here