79% would make again
featured in Junk Food Lovers
Inspired by spoonuniversity.com
for 4 servings
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and cooked
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour (30 g)
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- peanut or vegetable oil, for frying
Nutrition InfoPowered by
- Calories 289
- Fat 2g
- Carbs 59g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a bowl, smash the cooked potatoes with a fork or potato masher until are light and fluffy.
- Add the cornstarch, flour, bread crumbs, egg, salt, and pepper and mix until a slightly crumbly dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and roll out to about ½ inch (1.25 centimeter) thick.
- With a mason jar lid or cookie cutter, cut out circles from the dough. Shape them into any emoji or design you’d like with tools like spoons, straws, toothpicks, forks, and your fingers.
- Place the shapes on a parchment-lined baking sheet and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep pot until it reaches 350°F (180°C).
- Add the emojis and fry for 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel or cooling rack and sprinkle with salt. Serve immediately.