Fried Peanut Butter And Jelly Sandwich
Take a stroll down memory lane with these fried peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! Crunchy on the outside and pillowy soft on the inside, everyone's favorite nostalgic sandwich is made even better with a lemony strawberry sauce and a dusting of powdered sugar.
for 2 servings
- 1 cup fresh strawberry (150 g), or frozen, stemmed and quartered
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 g)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 slices white bread
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter (60 g)
- ¼ cup strawberry jelly (80 g), preserves
- 1 cup pancake mix (115 g), batter prepared according to package instructions
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Calories 757
- Fat 22g
- Carbs 130g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 68g
- Protein 12g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the strawberries, granulated sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Cook until the berries have started to break down into a thick sauce, 10–15 minutes.
- Heat about 2 inches of vegetable oil in a cast iron skillet or deep pan over medium-high heat until the temperature reaches 350°F (180°C). To test the oil temperature, add a couple drops of pancake batter; if it sizzles immediately, the oil is hot enough.
- Spread the peanut butter over 2 slices of bread. Spread the jelly over the remaining 2 slices of bread. Sandwich the peanut butter and jelly halves together.
- Coat each sandwich in the pancake batter. Carefully place in the hot oil and fry for 2–3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate to drain.
- Cut the sandwiches in half on the diagonal. Place on a plate, pour the strawberry syrup on top, and dust with powdered sugar.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.