88% would make again
Garlic and Herb Mashed Cauliflower
featured in Sides for Garlic Lovers
This recipe for Garlic and Herb Mashed Cauliflower is a lighter alternative to traditional mashed potatoes. The cauliflower is boiled until tender and then blended with garlic, olive oil, sour cream, and fresh herbs to create a creamy and savory side dish.
May 05, 2023
for 4 servings
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup sour cream (120 g)
- ½ cup fresh chives (20 g), chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (10 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Calories 197
- Fat 12g
- Carbs 19g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Wrap cauliflower in a clean dish towel, then turn it upside down and bang it against the surface of your counter until you feel the cauliflower crack (be sure to rotate to break it up on all sides).
- Pull florets off of stem and break the bigger florets into smaller pieces.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat.
- Add the cauliflower pieces to the pot and boil, covered, for 15-18 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower.
- Mash the cauliflower with a fork until smooth.
- Mix in remaining ingredients. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.