Gluten-Free Cauliflower Toast
These individual cauliflower toasts are gluten-free and paleo! Add your favorite toppings and enjoy for any meal of the day!
for 2 servings
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 2 cups riced cauliflower (400 g)
- 1 ½ cups almond meal (225 g)
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- topping of your choice, for serving
- cast iron pan, 4 1/2 in (11 cm)
- Calories 602
- Fat 47g
- Carbs 29g
- Fiber 15g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 24g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and flax meal. Let sit for at least 5 minutes to gel.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave the riced cauliflower for 3-4 minutes on medium power until steamed and mashable with a fork. Let cool for 5 minutes, or until safe to handle.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a clean kitchen towel and wring out all of the moisture. You should be left with about 1½ cups (450 G) of cauliflower.
- In a food processor, combine the cauliflower, almond meal, egg and flax mixture, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Process for 30-60 seconds, until well combined.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of canola oil in a small square cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add half of the cauliflower mixture to the pan, and spread in an even layer with a spatula dipped in water. Repeat with the remaining oil, skillet, and cauliflower mixture.
- Bake for 12 minutes, until the bread begins to brown on top and is firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and turn the broiler to low.
- Grease the tops of the cauliflower bread with nonstick spray. Return to the oven and broil for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool in the pans for 10 minutes before topping as desired and serving.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.