Mixed Vegetable Nuggets
These crispy and flavorful Mixed Vegetable Nuggets are a perfect way to get your daily dose of veggies in a fun little package. Loaded with nutritious vegetables and spices, they're a vegetarian alternative to traditional chicken nuggets.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1 head broccoli, broken into florets
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups bread crumbs (230 g), divided
- Calories 288
- Fat 4g
- Carbs 52g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a small bowl, combine the water and flax meal and stir to combine. Let sit for 10 minutes. Set aside until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine the broccoli and carrots, and pulse until shredded. Add the cauliflower and pulse until shredded.
- Add the salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic, and flax egg, and pulse until well combined. Add 1¼ cups (145 g) of the bread crumbs and mix.
- Take about 1 tablespoon of the mixture and form it into a nugget with your hands. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Coat the nuggets on both sides with the remaining ¾ cup (85 g) of bread crumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway, until golden brown.
- Or, pan fry with a small drizzle of oil over medium-high heat until both sides are golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.