98% would make again
Grilled Flank Steak And Corn Salad
featured in Corny Recipes
Inspired by epicurious.com
for 8 servings
- 4 ears corn
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 lb flank steak (910 g)
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chipotle powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- canola oil, for greasing
- 3 red fresno chilies, seeded and sliced
- 1 avocado, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomato (200 g), halved
- 2 jalapeñoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup lime juice (120 mL)
- Calories 455
- Fat 23g
- Carbs 28g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 35g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium bowl, drizzle the corn with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Massage the corn until fully coated. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, salt, brown sugar, chili powder, onion powder, cumin, garlic powder, chipotle powder, and black pepper and mix together.
- Sprinkle the dry rub all over both sides of the flank steak. Rub in the spices.
- On a heated grill or grill pan greased with canola oil, add the seasoned flank steak and cook until it begins to char slightly, about 3 minutes each side. Remove from the grill and let rest for at least 15 minutes to cool and keep the juices inside.
- Add the seasoned corn to the grill pan. Cook until charred slightly, 3-5 minutes per side. Remove the corn from the grill and set aside to cool.
- Set a small bowl upside-down inside a large bowl. Stand the corn cobs on the small bowl and cut off the kernels. Remove the small bowl.
- Add the chiles, avocado, red onion, cherry tomatoes, jalapeños, lime juice, honey, salt, pepper, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix to combine.
- Cut the meat into ½ inch (1 cm) slices.
- Top with the corn salad and serve.