98% would make again
Easy Fish Tacos
featured in 4 Meals Anyone Can Make
for 8 servings
- 3 cups green cabbage (300 g), shredded
- ½ cup red onion (75 g), diced
- 1 cup sour cream (230 g)
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tilapia fillets
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 16 corn tortillas
- cilantro, to taste
- lime, to taste
- Calories 280
- Fat 8g
- Carbs 30g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 24g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, combine green cabbage, red onion, sour cream, lime juice, and salt. Chill until ready to serve.
- In a bowl, mix cayenne, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Season each tilapia fillet on both sides with the seasoning mix.
- Over medium-high heat, cook 2 fillets at a time for 8 minutes, flipping halfway. Repeat for the remaining fillets.
- Using a fork, break apart the fillets into bite-size pieces.
- Right before serving, heat the corn tortillas in the pan over high heat. Remove from the pan and assemble the tacos with the cabbage slaw and tilapia.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime juice.