Crispy Fish Tacos
These Crispy Fish Tacos will have your taste buds swimming in delight! With a golden, crunchy coating and a zesty slaw, you'll be hooked on this scrumptious dish.
for 6 servings
- ½ head green cabbage, finely shredded
- ½ medium red onion, small diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (10 g), chopped
- 1 small jalapeño, diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (125 g)
- 1 tablespoon old bay seasoning
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup lager beer (240 mL)
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 lb fresh cod (455 g), cut into 1-inch (2-cm) thick strips
- 2 medium avocados
- 1 cup sour cream (230 g)
- ¼ cup lime juice (60 mL)
- salt, to taste
- corn tortilla, warmed
- radish, thinly sliced, for serving, optional
- Calories 393
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 36g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 19g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the cabbage slaw: Combine the cabbage, onion, tomato, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, and salt in a large bowl. Toss well, then set aside.
- Make the crispy fish: In a large bowl, combine the flour, Old Bay, and baking powder. Add the beer and whisk until smooth. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot until it reaches 350°F (180°C).
- Coat the fish in the batter, then transfer to the oil and fry until golden on the outside and cooked through, 5-7 minutes. Drain the fish on a wire rack set over a baking sheet lined with paper towels.
- Make the avocado crema: Add the avocados, sour cream, lime juice, and salt to a blender and blend until smooth.
- To assemble the tacos, add a bit of the cabbage slaw to a warmed tortilla. Top with a piece of fried fish, avocado crema, and sliced radish.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.