Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
Sweet Corn Slaw
- 1 cup corn kernel (175 g), canned or frozen
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (10 g), plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 limes, zested
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons crema
- ¼ cup cotija cheese (30 g), plus more for garnish
- 1 ½ cups red cabbage (150 g), finely shredded
- 2 limes, divided, juiced
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 lb large shrimp (425 g), peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried mexican oregano
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 limes, zested
- 3 ½ tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 corn tortillas, 8 in (20 cm)
- Calories 500
- Fat 22g
- Carbs 54g
- Fiber 35g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 30g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Make the sweet corn slaw: In a medium bowl, combine the corn, jalapeño, cilantro, salt, paprika, lime zest and juice, mayonnaise, crema, and cotija cheese. Toss until well combined.
- Make the shrimp tacos: In a medium bowl, combine the red cabbage, juice of 1 lime, and ½ teaspoon salt. Toss until well combined and set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, toss the shrimp with the remaining teaspoon of salt, the black pepper, oregano, chili powder, cumin, garlic, lime zest, remaining lime juice, and 2 tablespoons olive oil until well coated.
- Heat the remaining 1½ tablespoons of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Fry the tortillas until lightly crispy, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate and cover with foil to keep warm until ready to assemble the tacos.
- In the same skillet, cook the shrimp, 8–10 at a time, until pink and cooked through, 2–3 minutes per side.
- Assemble the tacos: Top each crispy tortilla with some of the red cabbage, sweet corn slaw, and shrimp. Garnish with cotija cheese and cilantro. Serve immediately.