Rainbow Grilled Chicken Salad
This vibrant salad is a feast for the eyes and the taste buds. Grilled chicken is paired with colorful veggies, such as bell peppers and red cabbage, and a delicious homemade dressing to create a healthy and satisfying meal.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sour cream (230 g)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (10 g), minced
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ cup red onion (75 g), diced
- ½ cup tomato (100 g), diced
- ½ cup orange bell pepper (50 g)
- ¾ cup corn (130 g)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro (20 g), chopped
- ¼ cup jalapeño (25 g), diced
- 1 avocado
- tortilla strip
- Calories 380
- Fat 21g
- Carbs 20g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 28g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, and olive oil.
- Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 165˚F (75˚C). Remove from pan and slice breast into pieces.
- In a bowl, mix sour cream, cilantro, pepper, salt, and lime juice. Set aside until you are ready to serve.
- In a salad bowl, assemble the salad with the romaine on the bottom. Top with red onion, tomatoes, orange bell peppers, corn, cilantro, and jalapeños.
- Add the chicken strips. Gently toss salad with the sour cream dressing.
- Garnish with avocado slices and tortilla strips.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.