96% would make again
Traditional Chicken Cobb Salad
featured in Everything You Can Make With Boiled Eggs
Get ready to dive into a flavor-packed adventure. The tender grilled chicken, crispy bacon, creamy avocado, and tangy blue cheese create a symphony of textures and tastes that will leave you craving for more
May 05, 2023
for 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon French’s Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons shallot, minced
- ¼ cup lemon juice (60 mL)
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon McCormick® black pepper
- ⅔ cup olive oil (160 mL)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (455 g)
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- ½ lb bacon (225 g), cooked
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 6 small tomatoes, on the vine, quartered
- radish, quartered
- 1 cup cucumber (135 g), sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Calories 755
- Fat 59g
- Carbs 11g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 43g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Dressing: Whisk together French’s Dijon Mustard, shallots, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and pepper. Gradually whisk in the olive oil until dressing is fully emulsified. Set aside.
- Rub chicken breasts with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat up an oiled skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until seared on the first side, 3–4 minutes, then flip the chicken. Cover with a lid to allow the chicken to cook through, 7–10 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked through, remove from pan and let rest for 5–10 minutes, then cut into slices.
- Cut the hard-boiled eggs into quarters. Cut the bacon into 1-inch (2 ½ cm) pieces.
- Arrange the lettuce on a large platter. On top of the lettuce, place small piles of the chicken, eggs, bacon, tomatoes, radishes, cucumbers, and avocado.