Hweh (Sashimi) With Korean Chogochujang Dipping Sauce
Can’t get enough of BTS? Try one of Jungkook’s favorite foods: hweh, or Korean-style sashimi served with sweet and spicy chogochujang. Try it wrapped in red leaf lettuce or perilla leaves!
for 4 servings
- ¼ cup gochujang (55 g), Korean red chile paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- ¼ lb sashimi grade salmon (115 g)
- ¼ lb sashimi-grade tuna (115 g)
- ¼ lb sashimi-grade halibut (115 g)
For Serving (Optional)
- perilla leaf
- red leaf lettuce
- white rice, steamed
- Calories 184
- Fat 5g
- Carbs 14g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 18g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the chogochujang. In a medium bowl, stir together the gochujang, water, rice vinegar, granulated sugar, minced garlic, and toasted sesame seeds.
- Prepare the sashimi: If the sashimi-grade salmon, tuna, and halibut is not pre-cut, cut into thin slices against the grain.
- Arrange the fish on a plate. Serve with perilla leaves and red leaf lettuce for wrapping, rice, and the chogochujang for dipping.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.