89% would make again
Juice Pulp Muffins
featured in Veggie-Packed Juices
Inspired by plantoeat.com
for 12 servings
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 6 tablespoons water
- ¾ cup milk (180 mL), of choice
- ½ cup maple syrup (250 g)
- ½ cup applesauce (130 g)
- 1 cup fruit and vegetable pulp (260 g)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (260 g)
- 1 cup rolled oats (80 g), plus more for sprinkling
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- Calories 171
- Fat 2g
- Carbs 34g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Make the flax eggs: combine the flax meal with the water and set aside for 10 minutes to gel.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, maple syrup, flax eggs, applesauce, fruit and vegetable pulp, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla. Stir for about 30 seconds, until well-combined.
- Add the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir for about 30 seconds, until combined.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray. Then, fill each cup with the batter about ¾ of the way full. Sprinkle the tops with oats.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes, then serve.