Korean-Style BBQ Beef
Ignite your taste buds with the fiery, smoky flavors of Korean-style BBQ beef. Succulent strips of meat, marinated to perfection, will transport your senses to a bustling street market in the heart of Seoul.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 2 servings
- 1 ½ lb ribeye steak (700 g), or any other well-marbled, tender cut
- 1 onion, 1/2 roughly chopped and 1/2 thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic cloves
- ½ pear, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 spring onions, 1 cut into pieces and 2 sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ cup soy sauce (80 g)
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, for serving
- 2 cups cooked rice (400 g), for serving
- Banchan (Korean side dishes), for serving (optional)
- Calories 1064
- Fat 71g
- Carbs 47g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 29g
- Protein 63g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Slice the beef as thinly as you can, then set aside in a large bowl. Using frozen or cold beef will make the slicing easier.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the onion chunks, garlic, pear, green onion pieces, brown sugar, pepper, soy sauce, and sesame oil until smooth.
- Pour the marinade over the beef, add the thinly sliced onion, then mix to coat evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Heat the canola oil in a large skillet over high heat. Pat the meat dry.
- Being careful not to crowd the pan, sear the marinated beef and onions until browned. Sprinkle with the sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve with rice and side dishes.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.