One-Pot Chicken Chow Mein
For a quick and easy weeknight meal, try this one-pot chicken chow mein recipe. Loaded with veggies, tender chicken, and chewy noodles, it's sure to be a family favorite.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 5 servings
- ⅓ cup soy sauce (80 mL)
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- pepper, to taste
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- ½ onion, julienned
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 carrots, julienned
- 3 cups cabbage (300 g), shredded
- 2 packages ramen noodle, without seasoning packet
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth (360 mL)
- Calories 362
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 40g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 27g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a bowl, mix soy sauce, ginger, garlic, oyster sauce, sesame oil, sugar, red pepper flakes, and pepper.
- Place chicken cubes into a re-sealable plastic bag pour half of the marinade into the bag and save the rest for later.
- Let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Pour the marinated chicken into a large pot and cook over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from the pot.
- Add sesame oil to the bottom of the pot and add the onion, celery, carrots, and cabbage. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Place both of the ramen noodle bricks into the bottom of the pot.
- Pour in chicken broth over the noodles.
- Cover the noodles with the vegetables as much as possible. Cover the pot with a lid and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until the noodles are cooked through.
- Break up the noodles and add back the chicken, and pour in the rest of the marinade from earlier.
- Garnish with scallions.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.