Lemon Green Beans
The secret to incredibly delicious green beans with minimal work? Chicken stock! Steamed in good-quality stock, the green beans will soak up all of the flavor, seasoning them from the inside out. Finish with a little lemon zest and juice for a bright pop of flavor.
for 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 ½ lb green beans (675 g), trimmed
- ¾ cup chicken stock (180 mL)
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Calories 52
- Fat 2g
- Carbs 7g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and green beans and season with salt. Sauté for 2 minutes, just until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the chicken stock, cover, and steam for 5–7 minutes, until the green beans are tender, but still bright green. Add the lemon zest and juice and toss to combine. Season with more salt to taste.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve warm.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.