94% would make again
One-Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken & Rice
featured in 10 Rice Recipes Perfect For Dinner
for 6 servings
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (455 g), cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 poblano peppers, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ½ cups low-sodium chicken broth (600 mL)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 14 ½ oz canned cooked black beans (410 g), rinsed and drained
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups jasmine rice (300 g), uncooked, rinsed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Calories 569
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 56g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 30g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a skillet, heat a small amount of oil on medium–high heat. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken thoroughly, about 6-8 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil to the skillet. Add onion and peppers and sauté for 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the chicken broth, lime juice, black beans, tomatoes, rice, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is cooked through.
- Add chicken back to the pot. Add cilantro and combine.
- Serve immediately.