95% would make again
Lighter Chicken Korma
featured in Recipes For Indian Food Lovers
Experience a guilt-free, flavor-packed journey with this Lighter Chicken Korma recipe. It's a healthier twist on the classic Indian dish that will leave your taste buds dancing and your waistline intact!
May 05, 2023
for 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups chicken breast (500 g), diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon ginger, crushed
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 ¼ cups water (300 mL)
- ½ cup passata sauce (130 mL), or tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon single cream
- 4 tablespoons low fat natural yogurt
- Calories 375
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 12g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 54g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Add the chicken and season with the salt and pepper. Fry for 6-8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Take the chicken out and set aside.
- Fry the onions with the garlic and ginger for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in all the spices and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the water and passata sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Place a lid on top of the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and the yogurt.
- Add in the chicken and cook for another 5 minutes, until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Serve with rice, salad, and naan bread.