89% would make again
Lighter Pumpkin Bread
featured in The Best Fall Squash Recipes
This pumpkin bread is the real deal, y'all. With its moist, fluffy texture and warm fall spices, it's the perfect way to indulge in a guilt-free treat that'll make you feel like you're snuggled up by the fire.
May 05, 2023
for 12 servings
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oil (120 mL)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (225 g)
- ⅔ cup honey (226 g)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 ¾ cups whole wheat flour (225 g)
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- Calories 248
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 39g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 29g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, oil, pumpkin, honey, and water, and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Sprinkle the whole wheat flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking soda, and salt over the wet ingredients and fold until the batter is well combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and smooth the top into an even layer.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool in the pan for 10 minutes before carefully unmolding.
- Let the loaf sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour before slicing.