82% would make again
Molten Cinnamon Rolls
featured in Cinnamon Rolls 4 Ways
for 6 rolls
- cinnamon roll dough, with icing
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (50 g)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk (120 mL)
- Calories 163
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 8g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C)
- Take two cinnamon roll dough packs and press them flat into circles.
- For the filling: In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla, stirring until smooth.
- Add the milk and stir until there are no lumps.
- Freeze cream cheese mixture for about 1 hour until it sets and is frozen but not too hard.
- Scoop out a large spoonful of the mixture and place it in the center of one of the cinnamon roll dough circles. Fold the edges of the dough up the sides of the cream cheese scoop.
- Place the other flattened dough circle on top, using a spoon to tuck the edges underneath. Repeat with the remaining dough and cream cheese.
- Place the sealed dough balls upside down in a 9x9 (23x23) cake pan with the seams facing upwards.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes until the rolls are golden brown and puffed. Drizzle the reserved icing on top of the rolls, and serve while warm.