Niçoise salad is a classic composed French salad. Hearty enough for a main course, it’s filled with olive oil-packed tuna, runny eggs, tender potatoes and green beans, briny olives, crisp cucumber, and crunchy radishes and drizzled with a tangy Dijon vinaigrette.
for 2 servings
- 3 large eggs
- kosher salt, to taste
- 12 oz new potatoes (300 g)
- 6 oz green beans (175 g)
- ½ head boston lettuce, leaves separated
- ⅓ english cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Kalamata olives (65 g), pitted
- 1 can olive oil-packed tuna, flaked
- ½ cup red radishes (125 g), trimmed and halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Calories 675
- Fat 36g
- Carbs 50g
- Fiber 9g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 39g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the salad: Prepare an ice bath by filling a large bowl with ice and cold water. Set aside.
- Fill a small pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and carefully submerge the eggs in the water. Cook for 7 minutes, then transfer to the ice bath. Let the eggs cool for 5 minutes, then peel. Slice the eggs in half lengthwise.
- Add the potatoes to a medium pot and cover with cold water. Add a large pinch of salt. Bring the water to a boil and cook until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes in a colander. Cut the potatoes in half.
- Fill a medium pot with water and a large pinch of salt. Once the water begins to boil, add the green beans and cook until bright green and just fork-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain the beans in a colander and rinse with cold water.
- Make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, whisk together the garlic, mustard, salt, pepper, and vinegar. Add the olive oil and whisk until smooth.
- Lay the Boston lettuce leaves on a serving platter. Arrange the potatoes, cucumber, eggs, olives, tuna, green beans, and radishes on top.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and serve immediately.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.