96% would make again
No-Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
featured in 6 Ways To Destroy Your New Year's Resolution
for 6 servings
- 36 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cups cream cheese (800 g)
- ⅓ cup sugar (65 g)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk (240 mL), warm
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- Calories 716
- Fat 62g
- Carbs 30g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 22g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Separate the cream from the cookies into 2 different bowls.
- Place the cookies into a plastic bag and crush them into fine crumbs with a rolling pin. Set aside ½ cup (50g) of the crumbs for later.
- Pour the cookie crumbs into a bowl and combine with the melted butter, mixing until the texture is like slightly wet sand.
- Press the cookie crumbs in an even layer into the bottom of a 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan. Set aside.
- In a medium pot over low heat, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, the cream from the cookies, and vanilla extract, stirring until there are no lumps.
- In a measuring cup, mix the milk with the gelatin until dissolved.
- Pour the milk into the cream cheese mixture, stirring constantly until the mixture starts to bubble slightly. Remove from heat.
- Pour the mixture over the cookie crust in the springform pan. Using a spatula or a spoon, smooth the top.
- Sift the saved cookie crumbs on top of the cheesecake in an even layer, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Unclasp the ring of the springform pan, slice, then serve!