90% would make again
Nobu Style Cup Sushi
featured in Fancy Sushi Roll Recipes
for 10 servings
- 5 cups sushi rice (1 kg)
- 5 cups water (1 L)
- 1 ¼ cups red vinegar (300 mL), Akazu, divided to 250ml and 50 ml
- ½ cup monk fruit sweetener (160 g)
- ¼ cup salt (60 g)
- ¼ cup mirin (20 mL)
- square kombu, 2 inch (5 cm)
- soy sauce, to taste
- sushi-grade tuna, sliced, to taste
- sushi-grade yellowtail, sliced, to taste
- sushi-grade red snapper, sliced, to taste
- sushi-grade salmon, sliced, to taste
- sushi-grade scallop, sliced, to taste
- sushi-grade salmon roe, to taste
- ½ cup cooked crab (225 g), to taste
- sushi-grade sea urchin, to taste
- sushi-grade squid, to taste
- ½ cup cooked shrimp (165 g), to taste
- nori, crumbled, to taste
- fresh cilantro, chopped, to taste
- jalapeño, sliced, to taste
- caviar, to taste
- masago, to taste
- Calories 298
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 56g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 47g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Place the rice in a sieve and rinse under water 4-5 times, until the water is clear.
- Place the rice and water in a pot and bring to a boil. Once the water is at a rolling boil, put a lid on top and cook for 15 minutes on low heat. Turn off the heat and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add 250ml (1 cup) red vinegar, monk fruit sweetener, salt, and mirin and Kombu. Once the sweetner and salt are dissolved add 50ml (¼ cup) of the vinegar. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Place the cooked rice in a wooden tub or a large bowl. Sprinkle 150ml (½ cup) sushi vinegar evenly over the rice while the rice is still hot and mix with a wooden spoon. Cover the rice with a wet tea towel and cool until close to body temperature. Save leftover sushi vinegar for next time.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons of rice in a small cup. Spray soy sauce on the rice. Sprinkle some crumbled seaweed on top. Top with thinly sliced fresh seafood or your favorite toppings.