Oat Milk Fettuccine
Craving fettuccine but not all the dairy, time, and effort that goes into making it? This quick and easy vegan pasta dinner comes together beautifully in just 30 minutes—and all in one pot. Oat milk not only makes this dish dairy-free, but it creates a naturally creamy and rich sauce as it warms.
for 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable stock (480 mL)
- 2 cups unsweetened oat milk (480 mL)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta (455 g)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, for serving, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes, for serving
- Calories 957
- Fat 39g
- Carbs 124g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 15g
- Protein 18g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Melt the olive oil and butter together in a large pan over medium heat. Add the flour and toast, stirring frequently, until golden, 1–2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, oat milk, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Once the sauce is boiling, add the fettuccine. Stir to combine, then cook until the pasta is al dente, 10–12 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until the sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes more.
- Divide the pasta between serving bowls and top with the parsley and red pepper flakes.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.