Pad Thai Spaghetti Squash
Experience a Thai twist on spaghetti squash with this Pad Thai Spaghetti Squash recipe that's bursting with flavor. You'll be savoring every bite of this guilt-free, veggie-packed dish that's sure to impress your taste buds.
for 2 servings
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup diced cucumbers (135 g)
- 1 cup sliced carrot (120 g)
- 1 cup diced bell pepper (100 g)
- ½ cup chopped green onions (75 g)
- ½ cup diced onion (75 g)
- ½ cup roasted peanut (60 g)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (10 g), chopped
- ¼ cup warm water (60 mL)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey, or agave
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (120 g)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- Calories 1162
- Fat 81g
- Carbs 94g
- Fiber 18g
- Sugar 48g
- Protein 35g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- With a sharp knife, slice the squash in half. If the squash is too tough, puncture in several places forming a dotted line around the squash. Microwave for 3-5 minutes to soften. Allow to cool before cutting in half.
- Scoop out the seeds, brush with oil, and sprinkle with salt, and pepper. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a fork can easily pierce the skin.
- Meanwhile, make the peanut sauce: combine the water, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, lime juice, Sriracha, peanut butter, ginger, and garlic in a liquid measuring cup or medium bowl, stirring to combine.
- Remove the squash from the oven and, with a fork, pull at the edges to produce that stringy “spaghetti” quality.
- In a large bowl combine the “spaghetti” with the cucumber, carrots, bell pepper, green onion, onions, peanuts, cilantro, and the sauce. Add mixture back to the hollowed out spaghetti squash halves.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.