Piña Colada Burger
featured in Refreshing Pina Colada Sweet Treats
This tropical twist on a classic burger features juicy pineapple and creamy coconut, creating a sweet and savory flavor combination that's perfect for summertime grilling.
May 14, 2023
78% would make again
for 4 servings
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise (80 g)
- 4 brioche buns
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, plus more for buns
- 2 lb ground beef (910 g)
- ⅔ cup teriyaki sauce (155 mL), divided
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 slices colby jack cheese
- 4 slices pineapple
- 4 slices bacon, cooked
Piña Colada Sauce
- 1 ⅔ cups cream of coconut (495 g)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (225 g), drained
- 1 ⅛ cups sour cream (260 g)
- ⅓ cup coconut flakes (35 g)
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- To make the piña colada sauce, add the cream of coconut, crushed pineapple, sour cream, and coconut flakes to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the ground beef to a bowl with ¼ cup of teriyaki sauce and mix to combine. Form the ground beef into 4 burger patties.
- Brush each burger patty with melted butter, and sprinkle each side with salt and pepper.
- Brush the brioche buns with butter.
- Grill the pineapple until grill marks form, about 2 minutes. Flip the pineapple slices over, and grill for 2 more minutes.
- Grill the burgers for 4-7 minutes, brushing them with additional teriyaki sauce. Flip the burgers and continue cooking for 3-6 minutes.
- Place the cheese on the burgers and cook until melted, 1 minute. Toast the buns on the grill, 30 seconds.
- Add ⅓ cup (75 g) of the piña colada sauce to a bowl along with the mayonnaise, and stir to combine. Reserving the rest of the piña colada sauce for future use.
- Spread the piña colada and mayonnaise mixture on the buns. Top with a burger patty, pineapple slice, and bacon.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.