96% would make again
featured in 7 Recipes For Seafood Lovers
These popcorn shrimp are a crispy and delicious seafood snack that's perfect for any occasion. They're coated in a crispy cornmeal batter and served with a tangy cocktail sauce, making for a perfect party appetizer.
May 15, 2023
for 3 servings
- 1 lb shrimp (455 g), deveined and peeled
- 1 cup flour (125 g)
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- Calories 372
- Fat 5g
- Carbs 38g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 38g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium bowl, add seasoned flour ingredients. Mix well.
- Place half of the flour mixture into a large zip lock bag, reserve the rest.
- Add the shrimp to the bag and shake until each shrimp is coated with flour. Shake off any excess flour.
- In a separate bowl, add egg, milk, and cajun seasoning. Mix well.
- Dredge the floured shrimp in the egg mixture, then coat with the fresh seasoned flour mixture.
- Heat oil at 350°F (180°C).
- Fry shrimp for a few minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.