94% would make again
Extra Crispy Spicy Fried Cauliflower
featured in Deep Fried Spicy Recipes
Inspired by theedgyveg.com
for 4 servings
- 1 head large cauliflower, or 2 small heads, washed
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250 g)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 ½ cups soy milk (360 mL)
- 1 ½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Calories 413
- Fat 9g
- Carbs 70g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 12g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Cut the cauliflower in large florets. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the celery salt, oregano, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, add half of the spice mix to the flour.
- Add the cornstarch and mix.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the soy milk, apple cider vinegar, and hot sauce. Whisk.
- Pour the remaining spice mix over the cauliflower florets and mix.
- Pour the milk mixture over the cauliflower and mix well until they are coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour minimum.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan until it reaches 350°F (180°C).
- Toss each cauliflower floret in the flour mixture until well-coated, shaking off any excess. Dip them back in the remaining soy milk mixture in the bowl where they marinated, then again in the flour mixture.
- Fry the cauliflower for 4-5 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain the pieces on a wire or paper towels. Let cool 5-10 minutes before serving.