Pumpkin Spiced Butter Tarts With Whipped Cream Cheese
These pumpkin spiced butter tarts are a delicious twist on a classic Canadian dessert. The creamy whipped cream cheese topping perfectly complements the rich and spicy filling, making for a perfect fall treat.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 6 servings
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter (75 g), melted and cooled
- ½ cup brown sugar (100 g)
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup corn syrup (110 g)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree (85 g)
- ½ cup pecans (60 g), finely chopped
- 2 cups crescent roll dough (235 g)
Whipped Cream Cheese
- 1 cup cream cheese (125 g), softened
- ½ cup heavy cream (120 mL)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Calories 633
- Fat 49g
- Carbs 45g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 24g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter and brown sugar for 2-3 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add the egg and whisk to combine, then add the corn syrup, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, cloves, and cinnamon. Whisk well to combine, then add the pumpkin puree, followed by the pecans, whisking again to fully incorporate.
- On a floured surface, divide the crescent roll dough into 6 even pieces. Using a rolling pin, flatten each piece into a circle. Place each circular piece of dough into a muffin tin and press up against the sides. Fill each evenly with approximately ¼ cup of the filling. P
- Bake the tarts for 22-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- While the butter tarts are cooling, make the whipped cream cheese: In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, heavy cream, vanilla, and salt. Whisk well until the mixture thickens and is fully incorporated.
- While the butter tarts are still a bit warm, remove from the muffin tins and top with the whipped cream cheese.
- Note: The filling works well in a pre-made pie crust as well. Pour the filling into a pre-made pie shell, then brush the edges with egg wash. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 40 minutes, let cool slightly, then top with the whipped cream cheese.