Reuben Egg Rolls
We’re trading rye bread for egg roll wrappers in this fun spin on a classic American deli sandwich. Corned beef, Swiss cheese, and sauerkraut are layered, wrapped, and fried to crispy perfection. Served with homemade Russian dressing, you’ve got yourself the ultimate appetizer.
for 8 egg rolls
- 8 square egg roll wrappers
- 8 slices swiss cheese, cut into ½-inch (1.24 cm) rectangles
- 12 oz corned beef (360 g), thinly sliced
- 12 tablespoons sauerkraut
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- peanut oil, for frying
- kosher salt, to taste
- ½ cup mayonnaise (120 g)
- ¼ cup white onion (35 g), finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup sriracha (60 g)
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Calories 347
- Fat 26g
- Carbs 15g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 12g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the egg rolls: Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface oriented like a diamond. Lay 5 cheese rectangles (about ½ a slice) in the center of the wrapper, then top with 1½ ounces of corned beef, 1½ tablespoons of sauerkraut, ⅛ teaspoon caraway seeds, and another 5 cheese rectangles.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water. Brush the edges of the wrapper with the egg wash. Fold the bottom of the wrapper up and over the filling, then fold in the sides and roll to seal. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 8 egg rolls total.
- Fill a medium pot halfway with oil and heat over medium-high heat until the temperature reaches 375°F (190°C). Set a wire rack over a baking sheet.
- While the oil is heating, make the Russian dressing: In a medium bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, onion, garlic, Sriracha, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, paprika, and salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Fry the egg rolls, 2–3 at a time, in the hot oil for 2–3 minutes, flipping occasionally to brown evenly. Transfer to the wire rack and season immediately with salt.
- Serve the egg rolls hot with the Russian dressing for dipping.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.