94% would make again
Ribeye Steaks With Creamy Mustard Sauce As Made By Kiano Moju
for 2 servings
- 2 ½ lb ribeye steak (1 kg), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 1 ½ tablespoons capers in brine
- ¼ cup dry white wine (60 mL)
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- thinly sliced chive, for garnish
- potato, roasted, for serving
- side salad, for serving
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel. Season generously on both sides with the salt and black pepper.
- Add the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter to a nonstick or stainless steel pan over medium-high heat. Sear the steaks, one at a time, until a golden brown crust forms, about 5 minutes per side. If the pan gets too dry, add a bit more olive oil. Transfer the seared steaks to a cutting board to rest.
- Add the shallots, capers, and remaining ½ tablespoon of butter to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the capers crisp slightly.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine. Cook until reduced by half, about 30-60 seconds. Add the mustard and cream and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Slice the steak into ¼-inch (6 mm) pieces and transfer to serving plates. Pour the sauce over the steak and garnish with sliced chives. Serve with roasted potatoes and a side salad.