Salted Caramel French Toast Bake
This salted caramel french toast bake is the perfect indulgent breakfast. With a sweet and savory combination of fluffy bread, rich custard, and homemade salted caramel sauce, this dish is sure to become a new family favorite.
for 6 servings
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup sugar (200 g)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup double cream (200 mL)
- 1 teaspoon rock salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk (200 mL)
- ¼ cup brown sugar (60 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 14 oz white bread (400 g), chopped into chunks
- ½ cup chopped pecan (50 g)
- icing sugar, as needed
- Calories 519
- Fat 23g
- Carbs 65g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 37g
- Protein 16g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a small saucepan, add the sugar and water, carefully swirling the pan to make sure the water is covering all the sugar. Cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes, or until a deep amber colour, without stirring.
- Turn off the heat and add the double cream, whisking until smooth. Stir in the salt and cool.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F/(180°C).
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and most of the cooled salted caramel sauce and whisk until smooth.
- Placed the chopped white bread into a greased heatproof dish and pour over the egg mixture. Sprinkle over chopped pecans and bake for 45 minutes. (If the top of the bread is burning, cover with foil halfway through baking.)
- Serve with icing sugar and leftover salted caramel sauce.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.