96% would make again
Sheet Tray Fajitas Rice Bowl
featured in One-Pan Meals Under 500 Calories
This sheet tray fajitas rice bowl recipe is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy your favorite Mexican flavors. With tender chicken, colorful peppers, and fluffy rice, this recipe is sure to become a new family favorite.
May 05, 2023
for 1 serving
- ¼ cup brown rice (50 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ¾ cup water (180 mL)
- 4 oz flank steak (115 g), thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Calories 590
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 86g
- Fiber 10g
- Sugar 17g
- Protein 40g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 450˚F (230˚C).
- Place the rice in a sieve and rinse under cold water to remove excess starch.
- Transfer the rice to a small pot with salt and water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer, put a lid on, and cook until water is absorbed, about 45 minutes.
- In a bowl, add the skirt steak, red onion, bell pepper, lime juice, onion powder, chili powder, black pepper, and remaining salt and toss until well combined.
- Transfer to a parchment paper-lined sheet tray and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve steak over rice and top with cilantro and lime wedges.