for 4 servings
- 1 lb pork spareribs (500 g)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda, baking soda
- 5 tablespoons corn flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 egg, beaten
- oil, for deep-frying
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 dried chillies
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, picked
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed
- 1 fresh red chilli, julienned
- Calories 581
- Fat 37g
- Carbs 39g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 25g
- Protein 22g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Mix all the pork seasoning ingredients together and toss with the pork spare rib cubes.
- Set aside and let it marinade in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
- Heat the oil to about 165C and fry the pork rib cubes until a deep golden colour.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a frying pan and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce until the sauce thickens and thinly coats the back of a spoon.
- Add the pork spare rib cubes into the pan and toss to coat evenly. Reduce further until the sauce becomes a sticky glaze.
- Remove the dried chillies and cinnamon stick before serving.
- Arrange the pork spare rib cubes on a plate and garnish with sesame seeds, spring onion, coriander and thin strips of red chilli.