96% would make again
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
featured in 30 Days 30 Slow Cooker Recipes
A Tex-Mex style recipe that uses a slow cooker to make tender and flavorful chicken fajitas with peppers and onions.
May 05, 2023
for 10 servings
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (910 g), cut in half
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 lime
- 10 oz canned diced tomatoes with green chiles (285 g), drained
- flour tortilla
- cheese, optional
- sour cream, optional
- guacamole, optional
- Calories 186
- Fat 3g
- Carbs 9g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 29g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add half of the sliced peppers and onions to your slow cooker.
- Layer the chicken and coat all sides with taco seasoning.
- Top with garlic, the juice from one lime, and tomatoes (be sure to drain).
- Add the remaining peppers and onions, cover and any remaining lime juice.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken and cut/shred into slices (chicken left longer will tend to shred more - cook to your preference).
- Return the sliced chicken to the slow cooker to marinate in the juices for about 10 more minutes (on LOW) until ready to serve.
- NOTE: If you find that there is too much liquid, you can remove till there is a desired amount before serving.
- Assemble Fajitas to your liking - we recommend topping with cheese, sour cream, and guacamole!