Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup
featured in 5 Hearty Slow Cooker Recipes
This creamy and decadent soup is perfect for a cold winter night. Loaded with bacon, cheese, and potatoes, it's like a hug in a bowl.
May 04, 2023
99% would make again
for 6 servings
- 4 cups peeled and chopped potatoes (900 g)
- ¾ cup diced onion (115 g)
- 4 cups chicken broth (960 mL)
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup flour (30 g)
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream (360 mL)
- ¼ cup sour cream (60 g)
- shredded cheese, for serving
- cooked chopped bacon, for serving
- chopped scallion, for serving
- Calories 863
- Fat 64g
- Carbs 70g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add the potatoes, onions, chicken broth, salt and pepper to the slow cooker.
- Set it to low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, flour, heavy cream and sour cream. Whisk until thickened.
- When the slow cooker is done, pour in the thickened mix. Stir, cover and set the slow cooker to low for another 30 minutes.
- Serve with shredded cheese, bacon and chopped scallions.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.