97% would make again
Steak With Asparagus
featured in Surf & Turf Dinner For Two
June 10, 2019
for 2 servings
- 2 boneless strip steaks, or shell steaks, about 1-inch (2 cm) thick
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 bunch asparagus
- Calories 462
- Fat 38g
- Carbs 0g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 28g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Season the steaks on all sides with the salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a pan or a skillet over high heat until smoking.
- Sear the steaks for about a minute to a minute and a half on each side, depending on the thickness of your steak for medium-rare. If you would like your steak rarer or more well-done, cook your steak shorter or longer accordingly.
- In the same pan, cook the asparagus with salt and pepper until tender but still slightly crunchy. Remove from heat.
- After the steaks have rested for about 5 minutes, slice, then serve with the asparagus!