95% would make again
Thanksgiving Leftovers: Shepherd's Pie
featured in Recipes Using Leftover Food
for 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion (150 g), diced
- 1 cup carrot (120 g), chopped
- 1 cup peas (150 g)
- 1 cup mushrooms (75 g)
- 3 cups turkey (375 g), cooked, diced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup gravy (240 g)
- ½ cup heavy cream (120 mL)
- 4 cups mashed potato (1 kg)
- cooking spray, as needed
- Calories 1310
- Fat 32g
- Carbs 194g
- Fiber 14g
- Sugar 16g
- Protein 55g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Melt butter in a large pot. Then add onions and carrots and cook until tender (about 5 minutes on medium heat).
- Add in mushrooms and peas. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Then, add in the turkey, salt, pepper, parsley, and thyme and stir until well-blended. Pour in the gravy and heavy cream, stir, and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a greased baking dish or ramekins. Top with leftover mashed potatoes (use a piping bag to achieve the look of our pie).
- Mist with nonstick cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are lightly browned and the filling is bubbly around the edges. (This may get messy, so clean up the edges before serving.)