Thanksgiving Monte Cristo
Upgrade your Thanksgiving leftovers with this sweet and savory Monte Cristo! Tender turkey meets sweet and tangy cranberry sauce, stuffing, and melty Swiss cheese, all sandwiched between slices of French toast!
November 12, 2021
for 4 servings
- 10 oz roasted turkey (295 g), shredded
- 1 cup gravy (235 g)
- 8 slices brioche bread
- ¼ cup cranberry sauce (55 g)
- ¼ cup whole grain mustard (60 g)
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 1 cup stuffing (235 g)
- 6 large eggs
- ⅔ cup milk (160 mL)
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ stick unsalted butter, divided
- Calories 524
- Fat 19g
- Carbs 43g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 41g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 250°F (120°C).
- In a medium bowl, toss together the turkey and gravy until well combined.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of cranberry sauce over each of 4 slices of brioche. Spread 1 tablespoon of whole-grain mustard over each of the remaining slices of brioche. Place a slice of cheese on top of each piece of bread.
- Divide the turkey between 4 slices of bread, pressing down into a flat, even layer. Distribute the stuffing atop the turkey, spreading into a flat even layer. Place the other slices of bread, cheese-side down, over the stuffing and press down to adhere.
- In a 2-inch-deep, square baking dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, and salt until well combined.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Dip a sandwich in the egg mixture and press down to coat. Flip the sandwich to coat the other side. Lift the sandwich from the egg mixture, letting the excess drip off, then transfer the sandwich to the pan and cook until the bottom is golden and crispy, about 3 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until the other side is golden and crispy, 3 minutes more. Transfer the sandwich to a baking sheet and place in the oven to warm through while you repeat with the remaining sandwiches, adding more butter to the pan between each.
- Serve immediately.