90% would make again
Leftover Ham Sheet Pan Cubanos
Leftover holiday ham and turkey come together in this reinvented Cuban classic. Marinated in an easy-to-make mojo, turkey replaces the traditional roast pork, but pairs perfectly with sweet ham, Swiss cheese, tangy pickles, and zesty mustard. Bake a batch on a sheet pan for an instant party hit!
for 4 servings
- 1 cup shredded turkey (125 g)
- ½ cup fresh orange juice (120 mL)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 8 slices spiral cut ham
- 8 swiss cheeses
- 16 dill pickles
- ½ stick unsalted butter, melted
- Calories 893
- Fat 34g
- Carbs 110g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 77g
- Protein 34g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Make the mojo turkey: Add the turkey, orange juice, lime juice, garlic, salt, and oregano to a large bowl. Toss well, then set aside.
- Split the hoagie rolls in half lengthwise and spread 1½ teaspoons of mustard over each roll.
- On the bottom half of each roll, layer 2 slices of ham, ¼ of the mojo turkey, 2 slices of Swiss cheese, and 4 dill pickle chips.
- Bring the sandwiches together and set on a rimmed baking sheet. Brush the top and bottom of each roll with the melted butter.
- Place another baking sheet on top of the sandwiches and put a cast iron skillet or other heavy pan on top to compress the sandwiches.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until the exterior of the bread is golden and crispy and the cheese is melted.