The Best Ever Vegan Brownies
featured in Top Vegan-Friendly Desserts of 2018
These vegan brownies are so delicious, no one will ever know they're vegan! Rich, fudgy, and chocolatey, they'll satisfy your sweet tooth without any dairy.
May 04, 2023
90% would make again
for 9 servings
- 8 oz vegan chocolate (225 g)
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sugar (200 g), plus 2 tablespoons
- ½ cup vegan butter (115 g), melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour (95 g), plus 2 tablespoons
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (30 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Calories 362
- Fat 23g
- Carbs 38g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 23g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line an 8-inch (20 cm) square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Chop the chocolate into ½-inch (1 ¼ cm) pieces. Set aside half and melt the other half in a microwave-safe bowl for 45 seconds.
- Make the flax egg: combine the ground flaxseeds with the water in a small bowl and mix with a fork. Set aside for at least 10 minutes to gel.
- In a medium bowl, add the sugar and vegan butter and whisk until smooth. Then add the vanilla, flax eggs, and melted chocolate and whisk until well-combined.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt and fold with a spatula until all ingredients are combined. Be careful not to overmix. Then, stir in the reserved chocolate pieces.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a fork inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Slice into 9 equal-sized pieces and serve.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.