98% would make again
Tomato, Basil & Mozzarella Chicken
featured in Chicken Recipes For The Whole Month
for 2 servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- oregano, to taste
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 tomato, medium
- 5 leaves fresh basil leaf
- 1 cup dark balsamic vinegar (240 mL), inexpensive
- ⅓ cup honey (115 g)
- Calories 883
- Fat 32g
- Carbs 81g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 77g
- Protein 61g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, season both sides of the chicken with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked through and juices run clear.
- While the chicken is in the oven, combine the balsamic vinegar and honey in a sauce pot and simmer, stirring occasionally.
- NOTE: It should take about 20 minutes for the mixture to reduce.
- Once the glaze has reached your desired thickness, remove it from the heat and set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and top with slices of mozzarella and tomato.
- Broil for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melty and the tomatoes are slightly charred.
- While the chicken is broiling, you can chiffonade (cut into thin strips) the basil.
- Drizzle the balsamic glaze over the chicken and top with basil.