featured in Refreshing Gazpachos 3 Ways
This refreshing soup is made with ripe tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, and garlic, blended together and served chilled for a cool and tangy summer dish.
May 14, 2023
81% would make again
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- 4 medium vine-ripened tomatoes
- 2 stale breads, dipped in water
- 1 medium english cucumber, seeded and chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ¼ red onion, diced
- ½ cup fresh basil (20 g), plus more for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 splash water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 cup crouton (30 g), for garnish
- Calories 228
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 31g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Peel the tomatoes: bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Prepare an ice bath in a large bowl and set nearby. Carefully place the tomatoes in the boiling water. Boil for 30 seconds, or until the skin begins to split. Carefully transfer the tomatoes with a slotted spoon to the ice bath. Once cool enough to handle, gently peel the skins off and discard. Chop the tomatoes, discarding the seeds.
- Add the soaked bread, tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, basil, garlic, lemon juice, water, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper to a food processor or blender.
- While blending, slowly add the olive oil and continue blending until the mixture has reached your desired consistency, adding more water as needed to reach your desired consistency..
- Transfer the soup to a large bowl and refrigerate at least 30 minutes, or overnight, to allow the flavors to deepen.
- Serve the soup chilled with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, and garnish with croutons and fresh basil.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.