95% would make again
Triple Chocolate Scones
featured in 7 Recipes That Will Take You To Chocolate Heaven
for 8 scones
- ⅔ cup heavy cream (160 mL)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour (220 g)
- ¼ cup unsweetened dutch process cocoa powder (30 g)
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 g)
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, cut into small pieces
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate chip (115 g)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (30 g)
- ½ cup powdered sugar (55 g)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Calories 452
- Fat 30g
- Carbs 47g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 27g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and place rack in center of oven.
- In a small bowl whisk together heavy cream, egg, and vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the chocolate chips. Add the cream mixture and stir just until the dough comes together (add more cream and/or flour as necessary).
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead a few times. Shape the dough into a 7-inch (18 cm) round and cut into eight wedges. Place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until they are firm around the edges but a bit soft in the center. A toothpick inserted into the center of a scone will come out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Mix the glaze ingredients together in a bowl. Drizzle on top of the scones (optional).