Vegan Pumpkin Cupcakes With Maple Frosting
Indulge in these delightful Vegan Pumpkin Cupcakes topped with a luscious maple frosting that'll make your taste buds dance! They're perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth while keeping it plant-based.
for 12 cupcakes
- ¾ cup organic dark brown sugar (165 g)
- ¼ cup refined coconut oil (50 g), solid
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour (220 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (230 g)
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (120 mL)
- 1 ½ cups vegan butter (340 g), 3 sticks
- 2 cups powdered sugar (240 g)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Calories 380
- Fat 21g
- Carbs 45g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 34g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, cream together the brown sugar and coconut oil with an electric hand mixer until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, lemon zest, pumpkin puree, and almond milk, and stir with a rubber spatula until well combined.
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill each muffin cup about ¾ of the way.
- Bake for 20- 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Make the frosting: In a large bowl, cream the vegan butter with an electric hand mixer until smooth. Sift in half the powdered sugar and continue to beat. Sift in the rest of the powdered sugar and beat again.
- Fold in the maple syrup and vanilla with a rubber spatula until well combined.
- Fold a piece of tape around the one of the bottom corners of a large zip-top bag. Then cut a ¼ inch slit along one edge of the corner.
- Put the zip-top bag in a tall glass and scoop a good amount of frosting into the bag. Squeeze all of the frosting toward the taped corner of the bag.
- Decorate the cupcakes by frosting small loops resembling petals on top.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.