Veggie Burger Sliders
featured in Meatless Sliders 5 Ways
Bite into these delightful veggie sliders that pack a flavor punch in a mini size! Perfect for parties or a fun family dinner, these sliders will have everyone reaching for seconds.
October 23, 2023
83% would make again
for 12 sliders
- 2 cups canned black beans (340 g), drained and rinsed, divided
- 2 cups finely chopped portobello mushrooms (150 g)
- 1 cup minced fresh broccoli (150 g)
- ½ cup minced red onion (75 g)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- ½ cup bread crumbs (60 g)
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- olive oil, for greasing
- 12 snowflake slider buns
- 12 slices tomato
- 6 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup greek yogurt (60 g)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 mL)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- Calories 252
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 30g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- In a large bowl, add half of the black beans and mash well (a few chunks are fine).
- Add the mushrooms, broccoli, remaining black beans, red onion, garlic, dill, paprika, red pepper flakes, rosemary, salt, pepper, and liquid smoke. Mix thoroughly, then mash until the mixture is well-combined.
- Add the bread crumbs and eggs and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Grease a 13 x 18-inch (33x45 cm) baking sheet with olive oil.
- Transfer the veggie burger mixture to the pan. Using a spatula and your hands, shape the mixture into a rectangle roughly the dimension of the slider buns.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until firm and browned, flipping halfway through.
- Make the avocado dressing: Add the avocado, jalapeño, Greek yogurt, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and water to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Keeping the slider buns attached to each other, cut in half with a serrated knife. Remove the top half and set aside.
- When veggie burger patty is done baking, remove from oven and place on top of the bottom slider buns.
- Spread the avocado dressing over the veggie burger patty, then top with the tomatoes and lettuce.
- Cover with the top slider buns and cut into 12 individual sliders.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.