82% would make again
Veggie Burger Sliders
featured in Meatless Sliders 5 Ways
Bite into these delightful Veggie Burger Sliders that pack a flavorful punch in a mini size! Perfect for parties or a fun family dinner, these sliders will have everyone coming back for seconds.
May 05, 2023
for 12 sliders
- 2 cups black beans (340 g), canned, rinsed, divided
- 2 cups portobello mushroom (150 g), finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh broccoli (150 g), minced
- ½ cup red onion (75 g), minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon red pepper, chile
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- ½ cup bread crumbs (60 g)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- olive oil, for greasing
- snowflake slider bun
- 12 slices tomato
- 6 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup greek yogurt (60 g)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 mL)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- Calories 189
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 17g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- In a large bowl, add half of the black beans and mash well (a few chunks are fine).
- Add the mushrooms, broccoli, remaining black beans, red onion, garlic, dill, paprika, red pepper flakes, rosemary, salt, pepper, and liquid smoke.
- Mix thoroughly, then mash until the mixture is well-combined.
- Add the bread crumbs and eggs and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Grease a 13x18-inch (33x45 cm) baking sheet with olive oil.
- Transfer the veggie burger mixture to the pan. Using a spatula and your hands, form the mixture into a rectangle that is roughly the size of the slider buns.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until firm and browned, flipping halfway through.
- Make the avocado dressing: add the avocado, jalapeño, Greek yogurt, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and water to a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Keeping the slider buns attached, cut in half lengthwise with a serrated knife. Remove the top half and set aside.
- When veggie burger is done baking, remove from oven and place on top of bottom half of slider buns.
- Spread the avocado dressing over the veggie burger, then top with the tomatoes and lettuce.
- Cover with the top slider buns, and cut into 12 sliders.