99% would make again
Weekday Meal-Prep Turkey Taco Bowls
featured in The Only Meal Prep Guide You Need To Follow
June 10, 2019
for 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb ground turkey (455 g)
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning, 1 packet
- 28 oz diced tomato (795 g), 1 can, drained
- 2 cups rice (460 g), cooked
- 1 can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can corn
- 1 jar salsa
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- cheddar cheese
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Calories 441
- Fat 16g
- Carbs 47g
- Fiber 13g
- Sugar 14g
- Protein 31g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the peppers and onions and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables have softened. Remove from pan, set aside.
- Add ground turkey to hot skillet. Break apart with a wooden spoon to separate.
- Season with taco seasoning, stir, cooking until meat has browned and cooked through.
- Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a gentle simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- To assemble the taco bowls, add a base of rice to 4 food storage containers. Top each with a scoop of black beans, corn, salsa, cheddar cheese, cooked peppers and onions, and taco meat. Garnish with fresh cilantro and a lime wedge.
- Store in the refrigerator (and enjoy any extras immediately). Can be kept refrigerated for up to 4 days.